We're not sure if we call this a sport or an activity but one thing we are sure of, whatever you call it - it's the most fun you can get with a GPS. It's an activity you can do as a group (school, youth, college) as a family or just individually, young people love it and we guarantee it will grow on you!
What is Geocaching? It is described as "A high-tech treasure hunting game (navigating skills) played throughout the world by outdoor fun seekers equipped with GPS devices. The basic idea is to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, in the outdoors. Geocaching is enjoyed by people from all age groups, with a strong sense of cooperation, fun, achievement and support for the environment".
Our course covers
- What is Geocaching?
- How to find coordinates online
- Different devices for Geocaching
- Navigating safely to a Geocache using your device
- Keeping safe whilst searching
- What to do if you get lost
- Creating your own Geocache
Geocashing Course Dates